ISC-FICCI Sanitation Awards & India Sanitation Conclave
The vast challenges and opportunities of the sanitation sector in India necessitate this multi-stakeholder engagement. The ISC Sanitation Awards, a first of its kind, aims at identifying and recognising the efforts of these stakeholders, across the whole sanitation value chain of Build-Use-Maintain-Treat. This includes implementation partners, corporates, financial institutions and entrepreneurs, amongst others.
Through these awards, the ISC seeks to further its mandate to share knowledge and expertise, showcase forward-thinking best practices and promote partnerships across the sector in order to achieve a sustainable sanitation ecosystem.
Winners & Categories:
1. Best Corporate Initiative in Sanitation: TATA Consultancy Services & ACC Limited
2. Best Non-Profit Engagement Model in Sanitation: Aga Khan Foundation
3. Best Innovation in Sanitation: Svadha & CDD
4. Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation: Grameen Koota
5. Media for Sanitation: Down 2 Earth & NDTV
6. Special Jury Award: Dr Bindeshwar Pathak, Sulabh International
The India Sanitation Conclave is a platform for deliberating on the various themes around corporate engagement in sanitation across India, from policy and regulatory enablers to best practices emulation and the business opportunity through the B-U-M-T value chain. It further envisages the scope of partnerships in the rural context along with battling the FSM challenge in the urban setups. Outreach through faith based organisations and the scope of skill development in sanitation are other areas to be deliberated in the sessions.
- Session 1- Role of Corporate Sector in Sanitation
- Session 2- Sanitation: The Business Opportunity
- Session 3 - Changing Behaviour: Role of Faith
- Session 4 – Partnerships to Address Challenges in Rural Sanitation
- Session 5 – FSM: The Urban Challenge
- Session 6- Sanitation & Skill Development
Key speakers at the event included:
- Shri Suresh Prabhu, Hon'ble Union Minister of Railways Government of India
- Mr Sanjiv Mehta, CEO, Hindustan Unilever
- HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, President, Parmarth Niketan, Founder/Chair, Global Interfaith WASH Alliance India
- Shri Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Government of India
- Mr. Pankaj R Patel, President, FICCI & Chairman & MD, Cadila Healthcare Limited
- Ms Naina Lal Kidwai, Chair, India Sanitation Coalition